incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache project bylaws
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 03:57:00 GMT
Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looks like one of the things that fell between the cracks when Apache Flex become a top
level project was drafting up and accepting a set of bylaws.

> I see nothing about bylaws on the incubator website, including here [1] where I would
expect it to be.

> Should the process on this page be updated?
>
> Are bylaws optional or should they be a required part of graduation?

I reckon that this is one of the initial steps of becoming a
top-level project (TLP). See the board resolution that created
your TLP: "hereby is tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws to ..."

Review/adopt/adapt the bylaws of other projects that have gone
before you.

I reckon that it is beyond the Incubator.

Yes the docs should mention that future task.

-David

> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
>
> PS We're in the process of putting our bylaws together here. Still in very early draft
form, suggestions and/or advice is welcome.