incubator-general mailing list archives

From Cory Johns <john...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release of Apache Allura (incubating) v1.0.0
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 19:41:32 GMT
sebb,

Thanks for your feedback.  I have created a wiki page at
https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/wiki/ASF%20Release%20Notes/ to
gather all the feedback we've gotten, and I will begin correcting the
issues raised.  Once those have been addressed, I think we will do a 1.0.1
release to get the entire process correct.

I had one question regarding the NOTICE and LICENSE files issue that you
mentioned on the [VOTE] thread.  We were considering, in the future,
potentially releasing each of the Allura and Forge sub-packages separately
on pypi to ease configuration of an Allura system, which is why were
providing separate NOTICE and LICENSE files for each sub-package.  Is the
separate pypi release something that the ASF release is amenable to, and,
if so, should we still stick to a single NOTICE or single NOTICE & LICENSE
file?

Thanks,
Cory