incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Usergrid BaaS Stack for Apache Incubator
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 07:38:39 GMT
Hi Sanjiva,

Please excuse my late response I've been travelling over the weekend.
More inline ...

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 1:58 AM, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@wso2.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 9:36 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Certainly that is a decision to be made by the Usergrid community
>> > itself and not something to be "encouraged" by the ASF.
>> >

>> +1
>>

> Nothing in my mail suggested otherwise.

Indeed.

> OTOH, as an ASF Member, it always pleases me when ASF projects collaborate
> with each other. Certainly the ASF *should* encourage that. Jim isn't that
> any longer the case?

We're definitely encouraging the community in this regard, and we see
a natural synergy as you do. I think with time, as these and other
possibilities present themselves, the community will certainly take
them into account. It's merely a matter of time and consideration.
Incubation will be a great opportunity to for these bonds to form
between projects.

Best,
Alex