incubator-general mailing list archives

From larry mccay <larry.mc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The podling initial committers issue
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 17:33:38 GMT
I was under the impression that what you describe was the policy - if it is
not then is should certainly be clarified.

In the event that podlings continue to or are to be given such a choice, I
believe that there needs to be a clear understanding between the incoming
community and those volunteers that are shepherding them through the
process as to what the choice is and some of the nuances that will be
encountered in the execution.

If there is no choice there then this consensus step is less necessary and
the process can be more easily executed by the champion, mentors and
incoming community.

That shared understanding seems to be what was missing in this case.