incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dulitha Wijewantha <dulit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Usergrid BaaS Stack for Apache Incubator
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 02:06:18 GMT
+1 for the Dave Fisher's example. I believe most of the people have
misunderstood our intentions. We were offering to help the project to grow
and graduate faster. I am withdrawing my committer request as our CEO asked
too. But honestly speaking - if you guys are *scared* of the *community*
and what the *community* is - I don't believe you shouldn't mention the
below words in the proposal -

*Although we are aware of the strength of the Apache brand, we are primarily
*
*interested in the transforming power of the Apache Way to help guide*
*Usergrid towards a more diversified and meritocratic community*

In my humble opinion - the above line should not be a part of the proposal
since the Apache way has always been to gather a community around the
proposal who have shown interest towards the idea.

Cheers