incubator-general mailing list archives

From Deepal jayasinghe <deep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Usergrid BaaS Stack for Apache Incubator
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 06:54:21 GMT
> It's a community that brings the project.  That community doesn't cease to exist just
because it is subsumed into Apache.  A TLP's community gets to decide who to accept as a new
community member, based on merit (with the board's oversight to make sure it isn't dominated
by a single commercial entity).  Why should an incubating project not have the same privilege?

I agree, and think this is something we need to address in the podling
process and guidelines. Unless someone is an ASF member or committer
then (s)he cannot become an initial committer of the project (this does
not valid to the people who are bringing the project). I am +1 for
making the process right.

Deepal