incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Shepherd assignments August 2013
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 20:08:37 GMT
On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm happy to update the wiki with what I think,
> but I believe we might need a more dynamic
> discussion to arrive at a conclusion. This is
> a pretty set pattern with Tashi -- just look
> at their ML/JIRA/commit traffic.
>
> Thoughts on how to proceed?

Regardless of how discussion proceeds on the mailing list, please go ahead and
add your own personal take as a shepherd on the wiki.

The Board appreciates having shepherd comments embedded in the report.
Furthermore, having the IPMC editorial portion of the Incubator report be the
product of a group effort is beneficial for us.

For what it's worth, I had already planned to extract all of this month's
shepherding comments and forward them to general@incubator in one aggregate
email after filing the report.  Shepherd reviews used to be mailed to the list
in the past and they spawned some excellent threads; it would be nice to
revive that tradition.  I hope that including them in the report yet also
forwarding to the list will give us the best of all worlds.

Marvin Humphrey