incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Curator as an Apache Top Level Project
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 17:08:25 GMT
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Jordan Zimmerman
<jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
> This message is opening a VOTE to graduate the Apache Curator podling from the Apache
Incubator as an Apache Top Level Project.

> Apache Curator entered the Incubator in April of 2013. We have made significant progress
with the project since moving to Apache. We currently have 4 committers listed on our status
page [1] including 2 who were accepted after the podling was formed.  A VOTE was held on the
curator-dev group with 8 binding +1 and 2 non-binding +1 votes for graduation [2]. A VOTE
was also held to adopt the graduation resolution (below) with 7 +1 votes for acceptance [3].
According to Ohloh, Curator has a "large, active development team" [4].

> During incubation, Curator:
> * Produced 4 releases
> * Added 2 new Committer/PPMC members and showed constant community activities
> * Cleared IP on code
> * Developed roadmap(s) for major and minor releases in a community process [5]
> * Established that Apache Curator is a suitable name [6]
> * Showed that its community is active, healthy, and growing and has demonstrated the
ability to self-govern using accepted Apache practices

> Please cast your vote:
> [ ] +1 Graduate the Apache Curator podling from Apache Incubator as a TLP
> [ ] +0 Indifferent to the graduation status of Apache Curator podling
> [ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache Curator podling from Apache Incubator because ...

+1 (binding)

Thanks,
Roman.