incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moderation of report reminders
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 17:13:28 GMT
On 13 July 2013 19:28, Daniel Shahaf <danielsh@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 10:57:33AM -0700, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
>> A second possibility might be to consolidate `-allow` lists.  (I'm not sure
>> whether this is technically feasible -- it came up yesterday on the infra
>> list, but the discussion was not conclusive.  Perhaps one of the
>> Infrastructure people on this list could comment.)
>
> The root problem is that people don't moderate things that need to be
> moderated.

Indeed, but ...

If a human sends an e-mail to a mailing list and it bounces, they will
hopefully realise and get the problem fixed.

However, for automated senders, bounces don't usually do much.

So why not pre-allow all automated senders when creating the podling list?
There's probably only Marvin (bot, not human) to allow in the case of podlings.