incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ignasi <ignasi.barr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jclouds-che f- searchNodes()
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 08:41:11 GMT
Hi Alex,

Currently there is no way to get a single attribute of a node, as it
is not supported neither in the Chef Server Search API [1] nor in the
Node API [2]. You will need to get the list of the nodes, and find the
desired attribute in the returned attribute map.

You can also search nodes based on their attribute, though. This was
discussed a couple months ago in the mailing list [3] and it might
help.

HTH,

Ignasi

P.S. Consider subscribing to the jclouds user list to get a better
feedback! user@jclouds.incubator.apache.org

[1] http://docs.opscode.com/api_chef_server_search_index.html
[2] http://docs.opscode.com/api_chef_server_nodes_name.html
[3] http://markmail.org/message/pwm4fkwl7ksjkky5