incubator-general mailing list archives

From Lieven Govaerts <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is an android framework good candidate for Apache Incubation?
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 09:22:26 GMT
Hi Yigong,

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 1:44 AM, yigong liu <yigong.liu.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the repost. My last email is messed up.
>
> Is an android framework good candidate for Apache Incubation?
>
> I have been working on an Android framework(library, service and app)
> for connecting android devices (phones and tablets) in a peer-to-peer
> fashion and enable communications among them. Some use cases are media
> sharing and multi-player games. Devices can be connected over WiFi,
> WiFi Direct or mobile hotspot; and the connecting process can be
> initiated through multicast, NFC tap or using camera scanning QR code.
>
> The design doc can be found here:
> http://www.peerdevicenet.net/arch.html
>
> The source code can be found here:
> https://github.com/yigongliu/PeerDeviceNet_Src
>
> Some API user guide can be found here:
> http://www.peerdevicenet.net/api.html
>
> Is such android framework good candidate to submit for Apache?

Skimming through the design doc I don't see anything that's Android specific.

Is it your goal to provide a general framework for multiple mobile
devices, with the android framework as first implementation? A
framework that can then be used by others in their applications?

Or do you want to keep it android only?

Lieven