incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: does ASF now require copyright transfer??
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 13:27:52 GMT
Hi Sanjiva,

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 6:30 AM, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@wso2.com> wrote:
> ...unless I'm mistaken, the ASF never used to require transfer of
> copyright. Has that changed? Thus, if the code had Copyright WSO2 (in this
> particular project's case) it can continue to have them too....

Nothing has changed w.r.t copyright itself, contributors grant us a
copyright license as has always been the case, but there's been a few
discussions about keeping copyright notices in incoming code or not.

See http://s.apache.org/esme_copyright for a legal-discuss thread on
that, see also the parts that talk about copyright at
http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

-Bertrand