incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: Shepherd assignments July 2013
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 15:17:52 GMT
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Dave Fisher <> wrote:
> I was their shepherd three months ago. I remained subscribed to the dev list
> and it feels more active in the last three months, but only slightly.
>> Tashi's situation doesn't seem to be changing much month-by-month.  I'm more
>> concerned about VXQuery, which included this comment in their report:
>>    Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
>>    aware of?
>>      It would be great to have more active mentors.
> I think mentoring is needed, but it is more likely that there is not really
> a community.
> We have three choices.
> - Continue as now.
> - Mentor reboot.
> - Retirement.
> This is not the first time VXQuery's status has been discussed.

Thanks for stepping up, Dave!  Let's see how the the discussion of their
report plays out now that a separate thread has been launched.

By the way, the increased volume of shepherd notes embedded in the report this
month in comparison to prior months was a hit with the Board.  Thanks to
everyone who took part.

Marvin Humphrey

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: