incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Fwd: [VOTE] Graduate Curator from Apache Incubator
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 17:16:42 GMT
FYI - The Curator community is taking an initial vote regarding graduation.

-Jordan

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>
> Subject: [VOTE] Graduate Curator from Apache Incubator
> Date: July 22, 2013 10:15:25 AM PDT
> To: "dev@curator.incubator.apache.org" <dev@curator.incubator.apache.org>
>
> The Apache Curator project entered the Incubator in March of 2013. Since then we have
added two new committers/PPMC members from diverse organizations. The codebase has steadily
grown and we have made three releases following the ASF policies and guidelines. Thanks to
the excellent mentorship we have received through this period we have learned to self-govern
and grow our community using accepted Apache practices. Curator continues to attract interest
from contributors and users across the world. Given these milestones, I strongly feel that
Curator is ready to graduate from the Incubator.

> The first step towards graduation is to vote as a community that Curator is ready to
graduate. If the vote is successful, we will draft a board resolution proposal and call a
vote on the general Incubator list. The complete graduation process is described below [1].