incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Apache Olingo next steps
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 21:19:26 GMT

On Jun 28, 2013, at 7:42 AM, Alan Cabrera wrote:

> On Jun 28, 2013, at 6:43 AM, Florian Müller <> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> About two weeks ago, Stephan presented the Apache Olingo (OData) proposal [1].
>> There has been a bit of a discussion about the name and the diversity of the initial
committers. The name has been changed from OData to Olingo and one new initial committer from
a different company has been added. We assume that the topic will attract a diverse community
over time.
>> Can anyone think of a reason not to move forward with a vote?
> While these are all good things to do, none of those issues needed to be resolved before
the vote.  They just needed to be attended to before the podling graduates.
> It should be ok to start the vote.

As one of the two Mentors signed up for this project, I have one or two reasons to wait. The
reasons are one or two additional Mentors!