incubator-general mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: personal expectations for ombudsman role
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 15:27:36 GMT
On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 08:02:09AM -0700, Alan Cabrera wrote:

> On Jun 30, 2013, at 7:42 AM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Now that things have settled down a bit,
> > I'd like to talk about some of the things
> > I'm looking for out of the ombudsman post.
> >
> > 1) proactively solicits opinions of exiting podlings
> >    about their experiences in the form of interviews
> >    and surveys.
> >
> > 2) make anonymized results of (1) available to the IPMC
> >    on a regular basis.
> >
> > 3) provides advocacy and facilitates solutions for
> >    committers who report issues with their podling's
> >    mentors.
>
> I might change 3 to state:
>
> provides advocacy and facilitates solutions for podling, and IPMC members, who report
issues that cannot normally be solved through normal established processes.

> I thought it would be good to extend the help to anyone related to the Incubator and
be clear that the problems the ombudsman would work to resolve would be extraordinary issues
and that most, if not all, problems would be solved through normal established processes.

+1 to Alan's clarification, but otherwise I like it Joe.