incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject [OT] The promise of Olingo
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 16:10:31 GMT
Today, the Bing wall-paper features a beautiful image of a ring-tailed cat (clearly adaptable
to an O'Reilly cover, if it hasn't been already).

Having read up on Olingo, I immediately thought "raccoon" and indeed, this is a Procyonidon
cousin of the Olingo, <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring-tailed_Cat>.

I'm sharing this because the Bing image is great and also because of an observation made about
the domestic cat and the ring-tailed cat (not a feline) -- both have succeeded in domesticating
humans by virtue of their habits (theirs, ours, whatever).

Let us trust that at last, the OAuth Olingo can do the same in the realm of safe habits in
cyberspace.

 - Dennis

PS: If you go to http://bing.com, you'll see that the image is a video of the fellow.  You
might need to click through earlier images to see it in its Utah red-rock environment.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 08:42 AM
To: 'Klevenz, Stephan'; general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: [PROPOSAL] OData Proposal for Incubator

Stephen,

I support your choice to have a different name.

 - Dennis

I'm not sure how "Olingo" is pronounced in Spanish but I'm certain there will be much fun
creating artwork of the little critter.  It looks like an animal that must be on the cover
of an O'Reilly book somewhere.  (I find raccoons, their cousins, more appealing, except when
they are pillaging the cherry tree at my house.)

[ ... ]