incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Incubator reorg ideas: sub-groups per technology?
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2013 15:29:27 GMT
On Jun 15, 2013, at 8:08 AM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What we really need for podlings is a "bill of
> rights" towards what they can expect of their
> mentors, because too few of them actually are
> willing to question the participation of the
> people who signed up to mentor them and that's
> not helping anybody.

Great idea.

This spring I sent out personal messages to various podling members and asked them what they
thought were problems with the incubator, if there were any.  (There's a novel idea, ask the
podlings what they think the problems are.  Sorry, but slogging through all these emails instead
of watching re-runs of Firefly irritates me.  :) )  I got an earful.

Other than their  concern for diversity/activity, the two biggest reported problems are timely
resolution "infrastructure" requests and they way we seem to chronically make up and debase
shit in the middle of voting.  As a podling incubates we seem to compulsively debate processes,
rules, etc., ten feet ahead of the podling train.

We're working on the automation bits.

Your document on what podlings can expect, in terms of to expect and what "noise" they can
ignore during incubation would be fantastic.  I will commit to helping you out with this.

Regards,
Alan