incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Creation of the Incubator Ombudsman
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 13:00:16 GMT
If the idea of the 'Ombudsman' is sort of like an 'elder
Statesman' role as well, then I may be interested...

On Jun 20, 2013, at 4:29 AM, Daniel Shahaf <danielsh@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 01:44:14PM -0700, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 19, 2013, at 9:41 AM, Alan Cabrera wrote:
>>
>>> I would prefer to use well known names for well known roles.  Ombudsman is a
roll that's been around for quite a while and the person filling that role for the ASF will
be doing roughly the same thing as ombudsman in other organizations.

>>> With that said, I will agree that if everything is running fine, the ombudsman
is pretty much watching Oprah re-runs.  Hopefully we will all work hard so this person will
have the time to catch up.  ;)

>>> However, I will point out that my proposal has come about from concrete personal
experience and the experiences that others have personally related to me.  I will also point
out that it seems to me that those who are opposed or, at best, lukewarm to the idea are well
established and well connected individuals in the ASF sphere.

<<< $'wave@apache.org\ndanielsh@apache.org\n'