incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Ramirez, Paul M (398J)" <paul.m.rami...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject [CANCEL] [VOTE] Accept Apache HotdoG into the Incubator
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 15:56:10 GMT
All,

First of all, big thanks to everyone for their support of this proposal but at this time it
is best to put this on hold. The HDF Group, who were envisioned to provide the initial code
drop and some of the primary developers, have existing efforts they would first like to get
aligned before creating another thrust. Additionally, there are some collaborators with HDF
Group that we would like to be involved so that we can create synergy for them and Apache.
Although the vote would have passed, I feel its not the right time to spin this up and use
Apache resources unnecessarily. We will be meeting with the HDF Group and their collaborators
over the summer and look to see if there is a viable path forward and how best we can proceed
together. Once again, thanks for everyone's interest and we look forward to making this happen.

Thanks,
Paul Ramirez

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message