incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Incubator reorg ideas: sub-groups per technology?
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2013 21:32:22 GMT
On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What we really need for podlings is a "bill of
> rights" towards what they can expect of their
> mentors, because too few of them actually are
> willing to question the participation of the
> people who signed up to mentor them and that's
> not helping anybody.

I like the premise - folks coming in with no expectations don't know
whether the incubator is failing them or if their experience is
normal. There's also a reticence to complain about volunteers.
Specifically, we should set explicit expectations, and then add
content on where to escalate when those expectations aren't being met.

--David