incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Accept Stratos as an Apache Incubation Project
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 13:48:51 GMT
On 14 June 2013 14:45, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Jun 14, 2013, at 9:31 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your comments Jim.
>>
>> You will see from the archives that I share most of your concerns
>> about probationary TLPs. However a number of IPMC members have argued
>> strongly for the concept.
>>

> To be clear, the only info that seems "official" about pTLPs
> is the Wiki page proposal:
>
>     http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/IncubatorDeconstructionProposal
>
> IMO, it simply doesn't provide enough meat, details and rationale
> for me to be able to "commit" to it enough; there's a difference
> between the concept and the implementation of that concept.

Agreed (and partially discussed elsewhere in this thread).

Greg outlines a minimum he wants to see from the proposal to the
board. I agree with his minimum and will be looking to two supporters
of the pTLP concept to coordinate delivery of that minimum (I
discussed this with
both of them prior to make this suggestion, both agreed).

Ross