incubator-general mailing list archives

From Afkham Azeez <afk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Accept Stratos as an Apache Incubation Project
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 00:43:31 GMT
On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:02 AM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com>wrote:

> > === Mailing Lists ===
> >  1. dev@stratos.incubator.apache.org - for developer/user discussions,
> >  JIRA change notifications & continuous build/test notifications
> >  2. commits@stratos.incubator.apache.org - for commit mails
>
> It's a technicality, but the podling would also need a private@ list.
> Since there's only a combined dev/user list to start with though, obviously
> some thought has gone into this. :)

When we initially created the list of required mailing lists, we requested
for user & dev lists. We spoke to a few people who have experience with
bringing projects into the incubator, and were advised to start with a
combined list so that all discussions happen in one place, and when there
is a significant user community involvement, we could decide to create a
user list. I will go ahead & add a private@ list.

Thanks
Azeez
*