incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Accept Stratos as an Apache Incubation Project
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 13:40:36 GMT
On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Ross Gardler
<rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> I propose we ensure that whatever we put before the board in July has
> an alternative course of action that does not disenfranchise the IPMC

It is perfectly fine to disenfranchise the IPMC. It does not get a
blank pass. It must provide value. Competing ideas are allowed and
encouraged. The IPMC does not have a monopoly; it is subject to the
Board, which may decide other models may be workable; thus, the IPMC
needs to accept that fact.

Cheers,
-g