incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1488735 - in /incubator/public/trunk/tools: NOTICE.txt requirements.txt setup.py src/asf/utils/ src/asf/utils/__init__.py src/asf/utils/config.py src/asf/utils/file.py tests/test_config.py
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 04:10:11 GMT
On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Alan Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> Apache Incubator tools
> Copyright 2013 The Apache Software Foundation
>
> This product includes software developed at
> The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
>
> This distribution contains code from the LinkedIn Corporation:
>
>     Copyright (c) 2013 LinkedIn Corp. All rights reserved.
>     Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0
>

> WDYT?

Looks good. And given that the LinkedIn stuff is under ALv2, then 4(d)
comes into play, requesting attribution. It is Right and Proper that
they get a couple lines in our NOTICE file.

Note that we may even need to incorporate portions of *their* NOTICE
file. (I don't know the extent of inclusion/derivation, but ALv2 4(d)
is pretty straight-forward)

Cheers,
-g