incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: Stratos proposal: is it possible to add another initial committer?
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 02:17:12 GMT
On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Ross Gardler
<> wrote:
> C'mon Marvin. The project has enough ASF committers on the initial
> commiter list (ignoring mentors) to be able to conduct a committer
> vote.
> Lets not add unnecessary bureaucracy during the initial set-up phase.

Voting in a new committer isn't a lot of work, and Stratos has a lot of
resources behind it.  Following the rules wouldn't have been a big deal.

I'm not prepared to blow up the Incubator over this issue, though -- only to
ask nicely.

If Stratos later experiences frustration regarding the Incubator's conflicting
rules and inconsistent enforcement of rules, now they'll know where that comes

Marvin Humphrey

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message