incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Stratos proposal: is it possible to add another initial committer?
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:45:51 GMT
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Ross Gardler
<rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> For me the social norm *should* be to allow things to progress
> unhindered unless an action is non-reversible and potentially damaging
> to the community.

No.  That's not acceptable to me as an IPMC member.

VOTEs are tied to specific language.

Trivial conveniences do not justify corrupting the fundamental voting
mechanism.

> If people want to adopt the inefficient process then fair enough,
> someone inform me they will veto the vote unless we revert the change.
> I'll comply with the rules if someone wants to insist. But this is a
> discussion and I believe it's a waste of time.

So long no one contends that this sets a precedent, I would prefer that we let
things slide this time.

Marvin Humphrey