incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] PodlingBillOfRights
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 06:02:22 GMT
On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Joseph Schaefer
<joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The typical escalation path is either board@ or board-private@ assuming private messages
> to the chair are ineffective.  Most of the time, for most of our projects, this has worked
well enough.

So isn't learning this bit of information a crucial part of graduation? After
all, once the project leaves the incubator its commiters and PMC won't have
an access to the Ombudsman, isn't it in all of our best interest to teach
them from the get-go what you've just described above?

What's the danger of hooking up poddlings to the very channels they should
be using once they graduate?

> The real issue for the IPMC boils down to the judgement call of whether the standard
> escalation procedures are working to everyone's satisfaction,

Do we have real indication they are not?

Thanks,
Roman.