incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Incubator reorg ideas: sub-groups per technology?
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2013 15:44:27 GMT
Brother, you hit the nail on the head.  I am so there!!!!  :)

Regards,
Alan

On Jun 15, 2013, at 8:34 AM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'll let it stew for a coupla days before
> I start charging in, but yeah something
> along these lines will surely address the
> palpable feeling of disempowerment we too
> often dish out.

they thought were problems with the incubator, if there were any.  (There's a novel idea,
ask the podlings what they think the problems are.  Sorry, but slogging through all these
emails instead of watching re-runs of Firefly irritates me.  :) )  I got an earful.

> Other than their  concern for diversity/activity, the two biggest reported problems are
timely resolution "infrastructure" requests and they way we seem to chronically make up and
debase shit in the middle of voting.  As a podling incubates we seem to compulsively debate
processes, rules, etc., ten feet ahead of the podling train.

> We're working on the automation bits.
>
> Your document on what podlings can expect, in terms of to expect and what "noise" they
can ignore during incubation would be fantastic.  I will commit to helping you out with this.