incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Accept Stratos as an Apache Incubation Project
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 17:16:08 GMT

On Jun 14, 2013, at 10:42 AM, "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <>

> * pTLP are nothing different than what existed before there was an
> Incubator. Yes we have more projects now. So what. We'll continue
> to have more projects and those will eventually graduate to TLP,
> so we'll be in the same place.

That kind of ignores the reason why we created the Incubator in
the 1st place. If what existed before worked, then we wouldn't be
discussing an Incubator now :)

For me, the main 2 goals of the Incubator are "legal clearance"
and "oversight". I doubt the board will be happy with having
additional oversight duties related to a pTLP. It's not what
the board is for, or why it exists.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message