incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joseph Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Creation of the Incubator Ombudsman
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 04:27:00 GMT
I'll grant you that it is an imperfect analogy, but I have no idea why you continue to make
such a fuss about things we've all come to accept about roles and responsibilities of a chair.
 Nobody is questioning the traditional role you seek for yourself, and you can take comfort
in the idea that you were elected in part because of your position on this subject.

So just chill out for a moment or two and try to take in the more substantive issue around
having someone who is proactively tasked with gathering data about our overall performance
as seen through the eyes of our consumers.  This isn't an activity past chairs have shown
a real willingness to tackle themselves other than to claim the standard open door policy
we all make.  Alan is right, the IPMC has little more than anecdotal evidence that we are
doing the needful and from what I've heard that evidence is mixed.  If you agree that this
merits some attention, I would be a little disappointed in your delegation skills if you refused
on principle to let someone who is not chair actually try.  But at least I will know your
heart is in the right place :).

Sent from my iPhone