incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Creation of the Incubator Ombudsman
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 20:02:30 GMT

On Jun 17, 2013, at 10:58 AM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:

> A paradox:
>
> The VP is not supposed to exercise authority in normal circumstances.
> Projects are supposed to have mentors that advocate for them. If a
> project comes 'to the ombudsman', whether that's the VP or not, what
> can this person do? All they can do is bring the matter to the
> community. If it's sensitive enough, to private@. The mentors can and
> should be doing this.
>
> So, if you ask me, this is just another way to avoid the problem of
> mentor-shortage.

Unless the problem is with an "over active" mentor or absentee/problem VP.

An ombudsman frees the Incubator from having to enumerate and codify every single circumstance
where things go wrong and what would the official remedy be.  The ombudsman would be the go
to person when podlings are having problems w/ the management that everyone on this thread
seems to think should be the point people to begin with.

Regards,
Alan