incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Incubator reorg ideas: sub-groups per technology?
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2013 15:04:06 GMT

On Jun 15, 2013, at 7:16 AM, Upayavira <uv@odoko.co.uk> wrote:

> I think there's merit in the idea of multiple, smaller incubators, so
> long as it is set up in a way that doesn't involve prospective podlings
> playing the incubators against each other.

Can you provide detail on what you mean by "prospective podlings playing the incubators against
each other"?  I'm not sure what that means.

> Smaller groups, with smaller membership, gives the chance of a greater
> sense of ownership and identification, which are important to community
> building.

Is that really our problem?  Who needs this greater sense of ownership and identification?

In short, I'd like proponents of this thread to explain in concrete detail:
What is the problem to be solved?
What is the base cause of that problem?
How does splitting the Incubator in to sub-groups of technology solves the cause of this problem?

Regards,
Alan