incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <danie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Creation of the Incubator Ombudsman
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 08:29:35 GMT
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 01:44:14PM -0700, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2013, at 9:41 AM, Alan Cabrera wrote:
>
> > I would prefer to use well known names for well known roles.  Ombudsman is a roll
that's been around for quite a while and the person filling that role for the ASF will be
doing roughly the same thing as ombudsman in other organizations.

> > With that said, I will agree that if everything is running fine, the ombudsman is
pretty much watching Oprah re-runs.  Hopefully we will all work hard so this person will have
the time to catch up.  ;)

> > However, I will point out that my proposal has come about from concrete personal
experience and the experiences that others have personally related to me.  I will also point
out that it seems to me that those who are opposed or, at best, lukewarm to the idea are well
established and well connected individuals in the ASF sphere.

> +1.
>
> How should we "bless" our Ombudsmen? On private@? Do we have more than one?
> If so what is the limit?

I don't think you have that problem yet -- I don't see a mob banging on the
doors of this thread crying, "Me! Me!".

Personally I suggest KISS.  Set up the alias, have it target 2 people,
advertise it on the web site, move on.  This email took me 200% as long to type
than it would have taken me to set up the actual alias...

ssh -t hermes.apache.org sudo -u apmail tee \~apmail/.qmail-incubator-ombudsm\{a,e\}n <<<
$'wave@apache.org\ndanielsh@apache.org\n'