incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1488735 - in /incubator/public/trunk/tools: NOTICE.txt requirements.txt src/asf/utils/ src/asf/utils/ src/asf/utils/ src/asf/utils/ tests/
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 14:00:34 GMT

On Jun 4, 2013, at 9:46 AM, Alan Cabrera <> wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2013, at 5:58 AM, Kevan Miller <> wrote:
>>> Seriously? The inserted code uses our own license! Go look at 4(d) and tell
>>> me we should not insert a notice. It is both Right, and what is demanded by
>>> our own license.
>> I haven't seen a description of where this code is coming from. Is it a contribution
from LinkedIn? Is it some open source code from LinkedIn that we are copying into our svn
from some other project?
>> If it's the former and LinkedIn has requested attribution for their contribution,
then let's observe their request and add attribution to the NOTICE.
>> If it's the latter *and* the subject code has a NOTICE file, then we absolutely must
include the relevant portions of their NOTICE in our NOTICE. Otherwise, 4 (d) doesn't require
us to do anything. Agreed?
> The code is internal LinkedIn code that I copied with the appropriate permissions.  Attribution
was requested.

Cool. Thanks.

So, NOTICE should contain the attribution and copyright.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message