incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Wave 0.4 based on RC3
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 23:59:12 GMT
Hi Ali,

Comments inline.

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013, at 05:24 PM, Ali Lown wrote:

> The result from the wave-dev vote can be found at:
> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-wave-dev/201306.mbox/%3CCABRGrVfPOwN3E8N-uScruYbxdezpfZzAJHMp8dN%2BUfpF6s%2BDGw%40mail.gmail.com%3E

I find this slightly confusing as I expected at least 3 PPMC votes, but
I guess Wave has opted for the committer == PPMC model?

> Wave 0.4 RC3 artefacts are available at:
> https://people.apache.org/~al/wave_rc/0.4-rc3/
> Note: The checksums are SHA-512's

A couple of things:

- Preferably, you'd only include *one* set of artifacts to vote on. Am I
voting on the zip, the bz2? I'm uncomfortable voting without checking
out all the source releases as I have no way of knowing that the zip ==
the bz2 release without inspecting both.

- Preferably, there'd be no binary release in the artifacts you're
asking to have voted on. Convenience binaries are fine, but they're not
an official release, so it'd be better not to include them with the
files we're meant to be voting on.

- I have to -1 this as there are several binary (.jar) files included in
the release that don't belong in a source release. (under
third_party/codegen/*)

Best,

jzb
--