incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Mandatory podling exit interviews
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2013 14:15:51 GMT
On Sat, Jun 15, 2013, at 12:18 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> I'm not keen on this one. I don't like surveys and I don't like mandatory
> activities for volunteers.

Yet, Apache does have mandatory reporting for podlings and TLPs. It's
not like this is particularly onerous. (Note, I read the proposal as an
exit interview for the project/podling, not each and every individual
committer/PPMC member.)

But if the "mandatory" thing is too much for people, I think "strongly
encouraged" exit interviews are a good idea.

I am curious how the reports would be scrubbed, though - given that the
timing of an exit interview would strongly indicate which project had
graduated, and there's usually a fairly small number of mentors and
project participants to provide feedback.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier