incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Incubator reorg ideas: sub-groups per technology?
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2013 15:34:44 GMT
I'll let it stew for a coupla days before
I start charging in, but yeah something
along these lines will surely address the
palpable feeling of disempowerment we too
often dish out.

>________________________________

they thought were problems with the incubator, if there were any.  (There's a novel idea,
ask the podlings what they think the problems are.  Sorry, but slogging through all these
emails instead of watching re-runs of Firefly irritates me.  :) )  I got an earful.

>Other than their  concern for diversity/activity, the two biggest reported problems are
timely resolution "infrastructure" requests and they way we seem to chronically make up and
debase shit in the middle of voting.  As a podling incubates we seem to compulsively debate
processes, rules, etc., ten feet ahead of the podling train.

>We're working on the automation bits.
>
>Your document on what podlings can expect, in terms of to expect and what "noise" they
can ignore during incubation would be fantastic.  I will commit to helping you out with this.