incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Need some help for releasing S4 0.6.0
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 16:04:01 GMT
Hi all,

we currently have the following +1 votes:

1 IPMC / PPMC vote (phunt)
2 PPMC votes (kishoreg, mmorel)
1 non binding committer vote (dferro)

So we haven't reached the quorum yet.

Can we get some help (votes) to finalize this release? (The vote thread has the following
subject: "[VOTE] S4 0.6.0 Incubating Release Candidate 5")

Thanks!

Matthieu

> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 5:37 AM, Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> this is the *fifth* release candidate for Apache S4, version 0.6.0
>>
>> We fixed 2 blocking issues wrt RC1, related to s4 tools, 1 blocking issue in RC2,
related to metrics logging configuration, issues related to the package contents and license
headers in RC3, and removed included javadoc files in RC4.

>> This release fixes the following issues:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312322&version=12321702
>>

>> *** Please download, test and vote by Thursday, May 9th 2013, 13:00:00 GMT ***
>>

>> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag).
>>

>> Source package in zip format:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~mmorel/s4-0.6.0-incubating-release-candidate-5/
>>

>> The (git) tag to be voted upon: 0.6.0-RC5:
>>
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-s4.git;a=tree;h=8b43b317104cfc9ebc42f6e8ec9c9557867155aa;hb=2f474503e2da111601bb92ca7186c136ba28e5b0
>>

>> S4 KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/s4/dist/KEYS
>>

>> The README.md file contains instructions for installing the gradle wrapper (which
is not shipped with the source release).

>> We include a RAT check task. (Can be used by fetching rat from /lib dir in the git
repo and using the .rat-excludes file at the root of the git repo)

>> It can be run with :
>> gradlew rat > output
>>

>> Please cast your vote, thanks!
>>

>> [ ] +1  approve
>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>

>> NOTES:
>>
>> - All releases by podlings must be approved by the Incubator PMC. The conventional
process is for the podling to follow the usual Apache process and then call for a Incubator
PMC VOTE on the general incubator list.
a parallel vote on both general@incubator and s4-dev