incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Possible focal point: podlings
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 23:32:37 GMT

On May 15, 2013, at 8:45 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> If you look at proposals and email, you will notice that several
> people who disagree on many things agree that this group has trouble
> making decisions by consensus, due to size, diversity, and perhaps
> sheer orneriness.
>
> One possibility is to focus on the ideas in Bertrand's document that
> address decision-making. If, perchance, we could somehow reach
> consensus on how to reach consensus, we could then move along to the
> other questions and with a higher probability of finding consensus on
> them.

Let's focus on our podlings. Each of these are unique and have different problems progressing
on the path to TLP.

The podling may be:
- Inactive.
- Missing Mentors.
- No Development.
- No Release
- Thinks there is a prerequisite that is not really there.
- Has IP issues still in progress.
- Needs infrastructure help
- Doesn't think it needs mentors.
- Thinks it needs more diversity.