incubator-general mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [META DISCUSS] talking about the overall state of this PMC
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 16:41:03 GMT
On 7 May 2013 16:55, Upayavira <uv@odoko.co.uk> wrote:

> I guess that could be automated (grep through mail
> archives for mentor email addresses each month), but until that
> happens[...]

This could be done in a one-off fashion with a simple sh pipe. I'm not fond
of to addressing social problems with technological solutions, but a quick
automated report might be a useful pro-active tool for the IPMC. Mailing
list activity is a fairly common metric across the foundation. (Though, I
expect with a healthy project, visible mentor activity might be very light.)

--
NS