incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Apache BeanShell in the Incubator
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 08:03:12 GMT
On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<> wrote:
> Hi Simo,
> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Simone Tripodi
> <> wrote:
>> ...We would like to propose BeanShell for the incubator....
> Sorry if I missed a previous discussion - is the name ok for us?
> Looking at and
> the name BeanShell is used by
> other entities, so we might not be able to use it as a project name
> without an explicit trademark donation.

I think its exactly the project which comes to us
and the jsr also refers to Basically I expect Patrick
Niemeyer would donate
the trademark, as he is the founder of the project  and coming with
the project to the ASF

If this is not the case it would be good if Patrick would comment to
avoid unnecessary infra work