incubator-general mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] S4 0.6.0 Incubating Release Candidate 5
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 16:23:25 GMT
+1 (binding) sig/xsum verify. rat runs clean. I've run through the
release checklist and everything seems fine to me.

Patrick

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 5:37 AM, Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this is the *fifth* release candidate for Apache S4, version 0.6.0
>
> We fixed 2 blocking issues wrt RC1, related to s4 tools, 1 blocking issue in RC2, related
to metrics logging configuration, issues related to the package contents and license headers
in RC3, and removed included javadoc files in RC4.

> This release fixes the following issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312322&version=12321702
>

> *** Please download, test and vote by Thursday, May 9th 2013, 13:00:00 GMT ***
>

> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag).
>

> Source package in zip format:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~mmorel/s4-0.6.0-incubating-release-candidate-5/
>

> The (git) tag to be voted upon: 0.6.0-RC5:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-s4.git;a=tree;h=8b43b317104cfc9ebc42f6e8ec9c9557867155aa;hb=2f474503e2da111601bb92ca7186c136ba28e5b0
>

> S4 KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/s4/dist/KEYS
>

> The README.md file contains instructions for installing the gradle wrapper (which is
not shipped with the source release).

> We include a RAT check task. (Can be used by fetching rat from /lib dir in the git repo
and using the .rat-excludes file at the root of the git repo)

> It can be run with :
> gradlew rat > output
>

> Please cast your vote, thanks!
>

> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>

> NOTES:
>
> - All releases by podlings must be approved by the Incubator PMC. The conventional process
is for the podling to follow the usual Apache process and then call for a Incubator PMC VOTE
on the general incubator list.
vote on both general@incubator and s4-dev