incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [META DISCUSS] talking about the overall state of this PMC
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 09:19:57 GMT
On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Ross Gardler
<rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> ...I've made a proposal for giving the IPMC teeth but it hasn't gained
> support..

URL?

> ...In the absence of something else with teeth then I'm +1 for
> probationary TLPs as proposed by Chris as long as we stop accepting
> projects that are likely to run into problems according to our
> collective experience....

If you're able to find out that a podling will cause problems in the
future, or that its mentors will become inactive, maybe I should hire
you for this lottery betting club ;-)

Apart from that I agree that the board doesn't have cycles to handle
problematic podlings or missing mentors, and as a result whatever
actions it would take would be much harsher than what we do here.

-Bertrand