incubator-general mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Apache BeanShell in the Incubator
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 07:09:24 GMT
Salut Bertrand, hi Ant,

>> ...Half the committers are ASF
>> members so they know what they're doing already, we're not going to teach
>> Sebb anything new about doing releases...

the story so far is that at the time of bringing OGNL to Apache
Commons - exactly similar situation, all ASF people + a couple of new
committers - we had to pass through the incubator, bringing the new
codebase in a status that can be moved to Commons then request for
graduation.
Given that precedent, I didn't see any reason why I should have opted
for a different path rather than the Incubator :)

>> ...All thats needed is a software grant and IP clearance (which from the
>> previous discuss thread has already been done?) and start up right away in
>> Commons...
>
> Makes sense, I agree with you that the Incubator doesn't bring any
> more value in this case...has the commons PMC been asked about this
> option?

No, that option has not been discussed, given the past OGNL experience
I didn't even think about that. I just called for a VOTE to sponsor
BeanShell.

I am FWD'ing the discussion to dev@commons to evaluate BS joins
Commons directly in the Sandbox.

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks, all the best!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/