incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [META DISCUSS] talking about the overall state of this PMC
Date Sat, 11 May 2013 18:06:12 GMT

On May 11, 2013, at 11:03 AM, "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:

> It's often called a dead-man's switch.  I think the term applied originally to locomotive
engineers and also metro car drivers.  (I'm not sure what a dead pilot switch could accomplish
in an aircraft.)

> I think having mentors review and "sign" PPMC status reports is an effective dead mentor's
switch [;<).

Ahh, yeah, that was it.  I was also thinking that voting releases would be it as well.  The
tooling would make the tracking automatic so the mundane task of tracking all the mentors
for all the podlings would be automatic.

Regards,
Alan