incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: If I were king of the forest
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 18:00:14 GMT

On May 8, 2013, at 10:22 AM, Eric Johnson <eric@tibco.com> wrote:

> Mostly a lurker, but a quick reply...
>
> And, in order to facilitate continuous improvement over time, the incubator as a whole
could periodically survey random incubator committers and determine whether they're getting
the support they expect from their mentors. That would serve two purposes - provide a routine
way to assess whether the expectations of the mentorees lines up with the clearly documented
role, and also assessing whether the randomly chosen mentor is living up to their responsibilities.

Yeah, an anonymous comment box for podlings to submit comments to the IPMC.  That's another
tooling idea.

> One last suggested refinement:
>
> At least two mentors, but perhaps not allow more than three, where the third is generally
a backup for the others in a transition period, such as one of the mentors looking to shed
their responsibilities. One point that has come out of the discussion has been a lack of clear
responsibility. Adding more mentors dilutes that responsibility. Two allows one as backup
for the other.

Yes, this was what I was thinking as well.  Two active mentors, maybe one or two inactive
ones but since they officially declared themselves inactive the active mentor know not to
assume anything of them.

Regards,
Alan