incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: If I were king of the forest
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 17:01:30 GMT

On May 8, 2013, at 1:01 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Alan Cabrera <adc@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>> ...If I were king of the forest, I would be to fire all the mentors.  All except,
of course, me,
>> because I'm the king.  :) All the ex-mentors would become emeritus mentors that
>> can be reinstated merely by asking....
>
> An annual "spring cleaning" of mentors, where all of them reconfirm
> their commitment and we remove those who don't, might be a good idea.

Yep, and no more layers.  No more additional roles.  No more shuffling.

One of the classic symptoms of dysfunctional group is it's tendency to try to solve problems
with more process and policy.

Let's ask ourselves, if each podling had two active mentors, what problems would be left for
the Incubator?  Not a whole heck of a lot.

Regards,
Alan