incubator-general mailing list archives

From Eric Johnson <e...@tibco.com>
Subject Re: [META DISCUSS] talking about the overall state of this PMC
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 16:33:06 GMT
If this was a software project, and the appropriate answer was unknown,
they you might apply a "lean startup" approach, and figure out how to
run tests to see which way works best.

Given the number of incubating projects, should be easy to run some
experiments. Then you just need to build up some consensus on how to run
the experiments. And how to evaluate the results. Essential to establish
some metrics that will correlate with success. Then run the experiments
for a while (three months, six months?). At the end, you'll have actual
data that will inform a decision.

Eric.