incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: If I were king of the forest
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 18:40:59 GMT

On May 8, 2013, at 11:36 AM, Alan Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> On May 8, 2013, at 11:20 AM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:

is generally a backup for the others in a transition period, such as one of the mentors looking
to shed their responsibilities. One point that has come out of the discussion has been a lack
of clear responsibility. Adding more mentors dilutes that responsibility. Two allows one as
backup for the other.

>>> Yes, this was what I was thinking as well.  Two active mentors, maybe one or
two inactive ones but since they officially declared themselves inactive the active mentor
know not to assume anything of them.

>> I may be incorrect in my understanding of the official ASF policy here
>> [1], but WRT a release, doesn't it require at least 3 +1 votes of the
>> appropriate PMC (in the case of podlings, the IPMC)?  If the mentors
>> were limited to 2 within the podlings, then would that leave all podling
>> in a position of having to get a third +1 from the IPMC?
>
> We're the IPMC, we can change the rules if we need to.

Oh, I see this is an ASF rule.  Maybe we should have three active mentors?

Regards,
Alan